The OILA/FAMILY Center of Academic and Applied Research affiliated with the Cabinet of Ministers of Uzbekistan
- The OILA/FAMILY Center of Academic and Applied Research was established under the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Uzbekistan in accordance with the Decree of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan dated February 2, 2018 No. 5325 On the Measures to Fundamentally Improve Activities in the Field of Supporting Women and Strengthening the Family Institution.
- Director: Diloram Gafurjanovna Tashmuhamedova, PhD, (Speaker of the 1st and 2nd convocation of the Legislative Chamber of the Parliament of the Republic of Uzbekistan), member of the Senate of the Oliy Majlis of the Republic of Uzbekistan.
- Status: The center was established under the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Uzbekistan. Status of the Director is equivalent to the Minister. Deputies equal to the Deputy Ministers.
- Coordinating role: the Center coordinates the activities of both state organizations and civil society institutions in the implementation of state family policy.
- Mandate: State and other organizations are obliged to provide Center at its request with all necessary materials (documents, statistical data, conclusions, analytical and other informational materials) related to the implementation of the tasks assigned to the Center.
- Main tasks: (i) to conduct fundamental, applied and innovative research of family issues, reproductive health and demographic development, (ii) on the basis of research findings Center is to develop and implement measures for strengthening family institution, as well as (iii) creating an effective system to provide methodical, advisory and practical assistance to families;
(iv) Center is to organize its own Corporate university/In-service Training courses to improve skills or retrain specialists working with families; (v)Cooperation with international organizations, foreign research institutions in the field of family and marriage is also one of the tasks of the Center.
- Structure: The Oila Center has a Central Office positioned in Tashkent. There are 9 Departments in the Central Office. There are regional branches in the Republic of Karakalpakstan, 12 provinces and the city of Tashkent. Regional branches have also their district (city) divisions. Total number of OILA employees is 428.
- The OILA Corporate University: All regional branches have Training courses (OILA Corporate University branches) for the in-service and advanced training of employees of the Oila Center, Women's committees and civil registration bodies, as well as employees of other organizations working in the field of strengthening the family institution.
- Experts: The Center employs specialists from various fields - philosophers, sociologists, historians, ethnographers, anthropologists, educators, psychologists, doctors, economists, political scientists, lawyers. Among them there are internationally recognized experts - winners of research programs of Fulbright, IREX (USA), INTAS (European Union), Korea Foundation (Korea), Swiss Agency of Cooperation (Switzerland), World Bank, Asian Development Bank, etc. Center employees are participants of more than 100 international congresses and symposia, members of the editorial boards of international scientific journals.
- Scientific status: The Center holds the Coordination Council for the approval of scientific topics for doctoral dissertations (PhD, Doctor of Sciences) on issues of gender and family. Specialized Council of doctoral theses defense is at the organization stage. When it is organized OILA it will be the only structure of this kind in the post-Soviet space.
- Publishing: The Center has a peer-reviewed international scientific journal Society, Gender and Family in the Central Asia. It is published in English and Russian. The online version of the magazine is available at: http: // ________. The journal has been included in the list of indexed journals of the Higher Attestation Commission under the Cabinet of Ministers of Uzbekistan.
In the near future, OILA has planned the creation of a popular, mass magazine Family.
- Partners: The Center closely cooperates with the Women's Committee of Uzbekistan, the Union of Youth, the Ministry of Public Education, the Ministry of Higher and Secondary Specialized Education, the Ministry of Innovation, the Ministry of Health, the Ministry of Internal Affairs, the National TV and Radio Broadcast Company, other organizations and departments.
- International cooperation: OILA has signed agreements with research centers and universities in Russia, Kyrgyzstan, Kazakhstan, Turkey, South Korea and other countries.
- Contacts: Sh. Rashidov street, 16, 100017 Tashkent, Uzbekistan.
Tel.: +99871 239-43-01, Fax: +99871 239-41-57.